Download our 2015 Summer Residential Brochure!
ADDITIONAL COURSE OPTION FOR COMET STUDENTS!
Download our Tentative List of 2015 Courses!
Download our 2014 Super Summer Brochure!
Check out a clip from the 2013 GERI Summer Residential Program Yearbook!
The Talent Development Programs at GERI help talented students explore their areas of interest in a college atmosphere where they study topics typically not offered in school. Together, students learn challenging content and create meaningful projects in which they apply their learning in new and relevant ways. Participation in GERI programs provides students in-depth and clear understanding of the fields they might like to pursue. Many students attend GERI Talent Development Programs for multiple years.
Check out our YouTubes on this year's Summer Camps!
Super Saturday is a popular enrichment program designed to meet the needs of academically, creatively, and artistically gifted students from age four (pre-kindergarten) through eighth grade. We offer an ever-changing variety of courses in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, visual and performing arts, and original interdisciplinary studies. Students choose their own classes on a first-come, first-served basis. For more information, please visit the Super Saturday webpage.
Super Summer is an enrichment program designed to meet the needs of academically, creatively, or artistically gifted students from kindergarten through fourth grade. The program offers a variety of course topics in mathematics, science and technology, visual and performing arts, and interdisciplinary studies. For more information, please visit the Super Summer webpage.
Summer Residential Camp
Every summer, for over 35 years, GERI has engaged gifted, creative, and talented students from across the country and around the world in residential camps designed to stimulate their imagination and expand their abilities. Students who have completed fifth grade through twelveth grade live in campus residence halls, take challenging courses, and participate in engaging recreational activities. GERI offers three programs each summer.
- Comet, 1 week sessions: For students who have completed grade 5-6.
- Star, 2 week sessions: For students who have completed grades 7-8.
- Pulsar, 2 week sessions: For students who have completed grades 9-12.
The application process includes:
- Completing the application form.
- Creating a one-to two-page essay or alternative media (such as a Web site, PowerPoint presentation, or art portfolio) that addresses the applicant’s desire and motivation to participate.
- Submitting evidence of notable ability, achievement, or involvement in the areas of study as detailed in the program brochure. Such evidence can include grades, test scores, letters of recommendation, and awards.
For more information, please visit the Summer Residential web page.